Every instructor who works at Paradigm Malibu is required to submit all of the documents mentioned below.
The Paradigm Packet includes:
- Independent Contractor File Checklist
- Child Abuse Central Index Check
- Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse
- Personnel Record
- Criminal Record Statement
- Request for Live Scan Service
- Health Screening Report
- Ethics and Boundaries Statement
- Harassment in the Workplace Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Water Safety Policy
- Employee Parking Policy
- Employee No Smoking/No Drug Policy
- Notice of Employee Rights
Additional documentation needed:
- Copy of Current Drivers License
- Copy of Diplomas and/or any Educational Certificates
- Copies of Professional Licenses
- Copy of CPR / First Aid Certificate
IMPORTANT! Read before you start.
- “Request for Live Scan Service” Form
– Begin by completing your Live Scan. Please bring the completed form (filled out by you and the Live Scan provider) with you for your paperwork review. The actual results will be mailed to us directly.
– Costs range from $55 – 100, so make sure to call a couple of different providers in your area.
- “Health Screening Report” Form + TB Testing
– The state requires a current TB test and Health Screening. You can get these done at your general physician or at a local clinic or sometimes even certain pharmacies. Have the physician complete, sign and stamp the Health Screen
Form. Bring this completed form for your paperwork review. S/he can record the TB results on the “Health Screen Form” form or on a separate TB card. Regardless, make sure to have your test read and recorded by your practitioner.
– If you need a TB test, you must be available 3 days after your first visit so that the doctor can check the results. Schedule your appointment with this in mind.
– If you have had a TB test within the last year you may submit that. Health Screen and TB can be through your doctor, a community clinic, or some folks use CVS, etc.
- “Child Abuse Central Index” Form
Just complete the form. DO NOT send money or the form to the state. Simply bring it in with your other completed paperwork.
- “Water Safety Policy” Form
You will not be going near water, so you can just write “N/A” and submit it.
- CPR / First Aid Certificate
– If you don’t have a current certificate, we recommend FirstAidWeb.com‘s “CPR/First Aid for Adults” ($34.95). Complete it online, print your certificate, and provide us with a copy of the wall certificate.
– You can use any provider and we will accept current certificates.
Almost finished with your paperwork?
Once you are near completion of the requirements listed, please notify Diane Flinn so that she can let you know whether she will be reviewing everything when you come to Malibu or if she’d like you to mail it in.
Have a question?
If you have any questions, please direct them to Diane Flinn.
Paradigm HR: Diane Flinn (email@example.com)